<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 15, 2006

My 5 Favorite Game Compliations 

As a gamer of over 20 years now, I have a certain fondness for the games that developed my personal gaming habits when I was kid. I've gone to getting myself a SNES and NES over the last summer with several games for those systems. But since they can be difficult to find and sometimes expensive, compliations are something of a god send to me. I can play the games I loved and still love without the hassle of having to find them one by one. So I felt I'd list my five favorite Game Compliations.

My 5 Favorite Game Compliations

1. Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (GCN) - As being a compliation of 4 great games from my favorite game series I feel this deserves to be my favorite. And for the low, low price of free of charge. Sure I have all 4 of those games (LoZ, AoL, OoT, MM) on their respective systems and others but this is a great deal.

2. Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GCN) - Probably my 3rd favorite franchise also gives me my 2nd favorite collection by just strength of numbers. 10 games spanning 4 systems (I guess if you consider arcades systems, kinda) all solid enough games which suffer a bit from being too much the same. Which is good and bad. But for always solid platforming fun, Mega Man is as good as they come.

3. Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) - The first compliation that I can think of it updates the 4 pre-SMW Mario games but doesn't change them aside from adding a save system. No where else are you going to be able to get Lost Levels in this country aside from emulation and if you don't have SMW you can get also add to value by getting the version with SMW also.

4. Animal Crossing (GCN) - While technically not a compliation, the fact that you can open nearly 20 NES games, with many being veritable classics is good enough for my standards.

5. Sonic Mega Collection + (PS2) Another veritable bevy of games on this one. The first four Sonic games for the Genesis are all excellent but sadly the other games don't quite match those games and are only decent filler. I wish they would have included Sonic CD instead of the rather poor non-Sonic games.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com